This statement applies to content published on the domain: https://social-economy-gateway.ec.europa.eu
It does not apply to other content or websites published on any of its subdomains. These websites and their content will have their own specific accessibility statement. This website is managed by Directorate General Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion. It is designed to be used by as many people as possible, including people with disabilities.
You should be able to:
- zoom up to 200% without problems
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using a modern screen reader and speech recognition software (on your computer or phone)
This website is partially compliant with and the . See ‘Non-accessible content’ for more details.
The website was last tested on 6 December 2023
Preparation of this statement
This statement was reviewed on 11 December 2023
Method used to prepare the statement (see Article 3(1) of Commission Implementing Decision (EU) 2018/1523 (2) ):
Automated accessibility testing with the following tools:
A manual check of accessibility using the checklist provided by DG COMM has been performed.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of the EU Social Economy Gateway website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers:
- E-mail: EU-SOCIAL-ECONOMY-GATEWAYec [dot] europa [dot] eu (EU-SOCIAL-ECONOMY-GATEWAY[at]ec[dot]europa[dot]eu)
We try to respond to feedback within 15 business days from the date of receipt of the enquiry by the responsible Commission department.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
The EU Social Economy Gateway website is designed to be compatible with the following most used assistive technologies:
- the latest version of Google Chrome and Apple Safari browsers;
- in combination with the latest versions of JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver and TalkBack.
The accessibility of the EU Social Economy Gateway website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of the EU Social Economy Gateway website, we are aware of some limitations, which we are working to fix. Below is a description of known limitations and potential solutions. Please contact us if you encounter an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for the ‘EU Social Economy Gateway‘ website:
- Video player – keyboard accessibility: We are aware of some issues with the keyboard accessibility of our video player (when selecting the caption language from the menu, it is not possible to use the arrow keys to move between languages, this can only be done with the TAB key).
- Videos: Videos on this website do not have audio description.
- Graphs and charts – use of colour (not on the website itself but for some graphs in pdf documents): Some graphs and charts on the website rely on colour alone to communicate information, which is confusing for people with colour vision deficiency. In charts where labels are not visually associated with the corresponding coloured section, clicking on the labels in the legends toggles the corresponding line, bar or section on or off, which allows users to check which label belongs to which part of the chart.
- Navigation menu accessibility: Some content has not been properly coded for the best experience with a screen reader. We plan to fix this issue by March 2024.
- Interactive maps (not applicable currently): Interactive maps are not accessible to people with a vision impairment or users who rely on keyboard navigation. We plan to fix this issue by March 2024.
- Heading Hierarchy: Some pages do not present content in a hierarchical heading organization. We plan to fix this by March 2024.
- Some pages have buttons with no content