ENSIE (European Network of Social Integration Enterprises) represents the interests of national and regional networks of ‘Work Integration Social Enterprises’ (WISEs) striving for more inclusive and integrated forms of employment at European level.
For several years, exchanges between national networks for Work Integration Social Enterprises (WISEs) have made possible the identification of common identifying principles for these initiatives through the various countries of Europe.
ENSIE takes for its objective the representation, maintenance and development within Europe of networks and federations for work integration social enterprises.
ENSIE's objectives are to:
- reinforce the power of the actors in economic social integration enterprises through the interchange between the member organisations,
- stimulate co-operation and partnerships by promoting proper practices, research results, new applications,
- organise the exchange of information on the legislative national and local policy levels between member organizations,
- represent the network and to promote all of its activities on all pertinent European levels,
- elaborate on the contributions and propositions in order to participate in the definition of a European policy against social exclusion,
- develop a close and solid collaboration with other European networks active in the social economy with the objective of obtaining synergetic results.
Currently, ENSIE gathers 32 local, regional and national networks from 22 countries from the EU (Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Sweden, Slovenia and Spain) as well as Azerbaijan, Moldova, Serbia and Ukraine.