The Microfinance Centre (MFC) is a social finance network that promotes fairness, inclusion, equality and responsible service. They unite over 100 organisations across 36 countries of Europe, Central Asia, who together deliver responsible microfinance services to almost 2,000,000 low-income clients.
Their mission is to empower people and communities through sustainable social finance.
MFC is a broad and diverse community of organizations interested in and practicing sustainable social finance.
Together with their members – microfinance, financial cooperative systems, social finance banks, social investors, academic institutions, national and international support organizations and networks – they seek to make financial services work effectively for people, communities and the planet by embracing sustainability good practices and standards, sharing knowledge, advocacy and networking in the region of Europe and Central Asia
Currently, their work is organised under five key pillars:
- Responsible finance: Advancing responsible finance practice among MFC Members
- Access to finance: Building government capacity to develop evidence-based access to finance policies
- EU presence: Advancing access to finance in the EU in cooperation with the European Commission
- Social innovation lab: Testing new approaches to asset-building and financial education for low-income people
- Income generation: Increasing income from our services.